Erica Gilmore elected Nashville trustee, Jennifer Smith wins criminal court judge
Erica Gilmore overwhelming defeated Parker Toler in the Democratic race for Metro Trustee on Tuesday while incumbent Judge Jennifer Smith kept her criminal court judge seat. Gilmore won Toler in a landslide, 77.5% to 22%. There were no Republicans running, meaning Gilmore will take over the post later this year. Vivian Wilhoite will alsoserve her second term as assessor of property.
President Trump to visit Nashville Friday following deadly tornado
Donald Trump said he will visit Tennessee on Friday after 21 people were killed following devastating tornadoes ripped that through the state.“Our hearts are full of sorrow for the lives that were lost,” said President Trump.
AT LEAST 25 KILLED IN TORNADO/SOME IDENTIFIED
Authorities said 25 people across Middle Tennessee so far have been killed after the tornado struck in the early hours of Tuesday morning. With recovery efforts underway with “many missing,” Governor Bill Lee said there’s a “really good possibility” the fatality count could go up. Many of the victims have not been identified. Two were killed in Nashville. 36 year old Michael Dolfini and 33 year old Albree Sexton were identified yesterday by Metro Police. They had just left Attaboy lounge, where Dolfini worked. Three were killed in Wilson County, Mt. Juliet police confirmed. James and Donna Eaton were killed at their home on Catalpa Drive. 38 year old Brandy Barker of Lebanon was killed at a CEVA warehouse on Athletes Way North while working security. The first identified victim was Carl Frazee, 67, who died in Benton County.
Joe Biden & Bernie Sanders Pull Away From Democratic Field on Super Tuesday
- Biden and Bernie Sanders pulled away from Democratic challengers Michael Bloomberg and Elizabeth Warren on Super Tuesday.
- Sanders won four primaries, including the biggest prize of California.
- Meanwhile, Biden won nine primaries, including an upset in Texas.
- Michael Bloomberg, who spent over $500 million, won only in American Samoa.
- Elizabeth Warren finished third in her home state of Massachusetts.
- The ultimate nominee must claim 1,991 delegates, a majority of the 3,979 pledged delegates available this primary season.
Two dead in double shooting in LaVergne
LaVergne Police are on the scene investigating a deadly double shooting on Mandy Lane. Details about the investigation are extremely limited at this time. Residents are advised to avoid the area, and if you see anything suspicious call 911.