TOP 5 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW TODAY ABOUT THE NASHVILLE TORNADO
1. At least seven people are confirmed dead as tornadoes touched down early this morning near downtown Nashville. The tornado reportedly stayed on the ground into Hermitage. Downed power lines and damaged homes litter various areas and thousands are still without power this morning.
2. Some of the businesses destroyed include:
5TH AVENUE NORTH
JACK BROWN’S BEER AND BURGER JOINT
MARATHON CONVENIENCE STORE
Music City Cleaners
Boom Bozz Pizza
O’Reilley’s Auto Parts
3. As a result of the storm – Metro and other area Schools are officially closed to give authorities a chance to assess damages.
4. Today is also Election Day and as of right now all polling places will be open. As of now, voting polls are opening one hour late due to the weather.
if you were planning to vote at
- Hadley Park Community Center
- Robert Churchwell Elementary
- Centennial Park Art Center
- Fifteenth Ave Baptist, you can vote at Pearl Cohn High School
There are several area locations that are open for displaced families including:
Hadley Park Community Center 1037 28th Ave
East Magnet High School 110 Gallatin Ave
Moving people from Farmers Market to
Sportsplex 222 25th Avenue North
5. STREET CLOSINGS
Jefferson Street Bridge
Rosa Parks at Jefferson
Main Street at 8th
We strongly encourage everyone to stay in unless it’s absolutely necessary to go out. The major areas of concern are Humpreys County
Log on to 92Qnashville.com for more information.