Body of missing Montgomery Co. teen Zach Marsh found, officials believe
Investigators believe the body of missing teenager Zach Marsh was found along the Cumberland River in Montgomery County Sunday. The Sheriff’s Department says a fisherman called 911 just before noon after seeing a body near the shoreline around Lock B South. Marsh’s vehicle was found abandoned on Jarrell Ridge Road December 20 , about five miles upstream from where the body was found. The 19-year-old’s family and officials had conducted multiple searches in the area. The investigation is ongoing.
Hermitage man sought for questioning after wife’s murder
Police are looking for a man following the murder of his wife in Hermitage on Saturday. Officers are searching for 42 year old Ronald Dickens for questioning. His wife, Shawnton Clay, 30, was found dead at the couple’s Avalon Apartments home around 4:30 pm. A medical examiner is investigating the cause of death. Dickens was not at the apartment. No one has been able to contact him. Clay’s family says the couple was in the process of divorce or annulment. Anyone with information should contact police immediately at 615-862-8600.
Man in hospital after allegedly stabbed by brother
A man is in the hospital with serious injuries after his brother allegedly stabbed him Sunday night. Hermitage Police responded to Donelson Hills Apartments on Lebanon Pike around 5:30 pm. Officers believe the suspect in custody stabbed his brother during a fight involving their father. The victim was taken to the hospital with critical injuries. His condition is currently stable.
Man tries to run over detective during arrest attempt, police say
While Metro detectives were serving a warrant, the man they were trying to serve tried to run over those detectives. Ryan Bowden, had outstanding warrants for his arrest. He was in his car and backed up his SUV and sped forward towards one of the detectives while he was standing outside the police car. He has five charges totaling a bond of $155,000.
Kobe Bryant & His 13-Year-Old Daughter Among 9 Dead in California Helicopter Crash
- Kobe Bryant and his 13-year-old daughter, Gianna, died Sunday morning in a helicopter crash
- Bryant and his daughter were reportedly going to her travel basketball game.
- The crash took place near Calabasas, California. All nine people aboard the helicopter were killed.
- Three other victims have been identified: John Altobelli, the baseball coach at Orange Coast College, his wife, Keri, and daughter Alyssa.
- Authorities have declined to identify the others on board pending notification to their families.
- The cause of the crash is under investigation, but L.A. County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said “we do know that there were issues of visibility.”
- Another victim has been identified from the tragic crash that claimed the lives of Kobe Bryant and his 13-year-old daughter Gianna on Sunday morning.Girls basketball coach Christina Mauser, of Harbor Day School in Orange County, was also one of the nine aboard the private helicopter that went down in Calabasas, California, the mayor of Costa Mesa, Katrina Foley, confirmed.
- 5 time NBA Champion, 2 time Olympic Champion, 20 year veteran of the Los Angeles Lakers..Drafter #13 in the 1996 NBA Draft by the Charlotte hornets Who traded him to the Lakers.
- Dad Joe Jellybean Bryant