Trump Adviser Roger Stone Found Guilty of Witness Tampering, Lying to Congress
- Longtime Trump adviser Roger Stone was convicted of seven crimes on Friday, including witness tampering and lying to Congress.
- Stone is the sixth Trump aide to be convicted of charges brought as part of special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation.
- Trump tweeted that the conviction was “a double standard like never seen before in the history of our country.”
- Stone could be sentenced to up to 20 years in prison on February 6.
Santa Clarita School Shooter Dies in Hospital; Guns Seized From His Home
- The Santa Clarita school shooter died in a hospital Friday.
- He shot himself during Thursday’s attack, which claimed the lives of two of his schoolmates.
- Police removed several unregistered firearms from his home, and said Nathaniel Berhow “seemed very familiar with firing the weapon.”
- Classmates said Berhow was funny, intelligent and popular.
- But he was reeling from the 2017 death of his dad, and was reportedly having problems with his girlfriend.
Driver killed after car crashes into Hermitage apartment and starts fire
A 25-year-old man was killed after he crashed his truck into a Hermitage apartment building, starting a fire on Saturday night. Steven Liggon, of North Carolina, backed his pickup truck into a building at Highlands at the Lake on Arbor Lake Boulevard. The truck and the building then caught fire. Police said Liggon was unable to get out of his truck and died at the scene. No one else was hurt.
Man shot outside closed restaurant in North Nashville
A man has been hospitalized after being shot in North Nashville Sunday Night. Metro Police responded at the scene of 1502 Jefferson Street, outside closed sports bar and grill The Last Hole. They’ve identified the victim as a black male in his mid-20s. He was tranported to Vanderbilt. Police say three vehicles were seen leaving the property. No suspects are currently in custody.
Clarksville Police: 1 charged, 1 wanted in double homicide, home invasion investigation
George Northington has been booked and charged with criminal homicide. Police identified the resident killed in the home invasion as Deontrea Milligan, 33, who was pronounced dead at the scene. Officers also found another man dead inside the residence, later identified as 37 year old Nicoli Jefferies who police said is a known associate of Northington. More arrests are expected to be made.
10 shot, 4 killed at backyard football party in California
Ten people were shot and four of them were killed Sunday at a party in Fresno when suspects sneaked into a backyard filled with people and fired into the crowd. The shooting took place on the city’s southeast side where people were gathered to watch a football game. About 35 people were at the party when the shooting began, Reid said. No suspect is in custody. Police said there was no immediate indication that the victims knew the shooter or shooters.