Suspect charged in 2019 fatal shooting in North Nashville alley
A 32-year-old man has been arrested on a grand jury indictment on charges he shot and killed a man in a North Nashville alley last year. Aaron Washington, 31, was gunned down in what Metro police said was a “targeted shooting” in an alley near 23rd Avenue North and Formosa Street in July 2019. The investigation led to the identification of Troy Floyd, who Metro police said allegedly shot Washington following an argument between the two men, who were acquaintances.
Two found dead in crashed car in West Nashville believed to be murdered
According to Metro Police, 33-year-old Holly Williams and her estranged boyfriend 36-year-old William Lanway were found dead Friday in a car by a construction worker. They were found on the 400 block of Old Hickory Blvd in West Nashville and are believed to have been murdered. Both were found shot. A search warrant was executed at Williams’ Hillmeade Drive apartment as detective work to identify who killed the two and determine a motive.
Here’s where MNPS students can receive free breakfast, lunch during COVID-19 closings
Metro Public Schools will provide Food boxes, provided by the Second Harvest Food bank, and food bags, provided by the Bridge Ministry for students. They will be handed out today from 2-5 p.m. as long as supplies last. The school will also offer free breakfast and lunch to children in Nashville and Davidson County between 8-9 a.m. for breakfast and 12-1:30 p.m. for lunch: For a complet list of locations go to 92qnashville.com
Governor Lee: ‘We have sufficient tests.’
Governor Bill Lee announced during a press conference Monday that the state has sufficient COVID-19 tests, but encouraged the public to be tested only if they have legitimate reasons to do so. However, Dr. Lisa Piercey, TN Department of Health Commissioner, explained tests will be prioritized for health care workers and the elderly (65 years old and older). Governor Lee asked Tennesseans to adhere to the recent guidelines regarding COVID-19, which were Monday by DonaldTrump and the COVID-19 task force.
Trump says gatherings should be limited to 10 to help stop spread of COVID-19
The Trump administration’s coronavirus task force has announced strict new guidelines in an effort to restrict the spread of COVID-19, the illness caused by the virus.
President Donald Trump said that his administration is recommending
– Schooling from home, if possible
– Avoiding gatherings of more than 10 people
– Avoiding discretionary travel, shopping trips and social visits
– And, avoiding bars, restaurants and food courts
The White House is also recommending that older people and those with underlying health conditions “stay home and away from other people” as it continues to step up efforts to halt the pandemic.