Mt. Juliet patrol vehicle hit by suspected distracted driver
A distracted driver hit a Mt. Juliet patrol SUV as officers were on Interstate 40 investigating another crash. Yesterday, a three-vehicle crash shut down a portion of eastbound I-40 near mile marker 228. When the SUV was hit, a man suspected for driving impaired was in custody in the back seat. Police said he was hurt in the crash, while the distracted driver was not.
Beto O’Rourke Drops Out of Presidential Race
- Former Texas Congressman Beto O’Rourke dropped out of the Democratic presidential race on Friday.
- He’s not expected to run for any other office in 2020.
- He nearly upset incumbent Ted Cruz in a U.S. Senate race in 2018.
- That campaign saw him create a cult-like energy that he failed to recapture in the crowded presidential race.
- He recently said he wouldn’t run for office ever again if he wasn’t the presidential nominee.
Teenager left fatally wounded at door of General Hospital Friday evening
18 myear old Steven Shelton was left fatally wounded at the door of General Hospital Friday evening. Metro police are requesting information on the murder. According to police, Shelton was left shot at General Hospital around 5:40 p.m. Friday evening. A man who was driving a white Hyundai Tucson was seen on surveillance footage carrying Shelton from his car to the hospital door. Detectives have determined Shelton was shot inside the Tucson at the Cumberland View public housing area. Anyone who may have information on the fatal shooting of Shelton is asked to contact Crime Stoppers at (615) 742-7463.
Gallatin Police officer hit by car during traffic stop
A Gallatin Police officer was hit by a vehicle on Highway 109 over the weekend. Officer Daniel Green was conducting a traffic stop with another officer when a vehicle passing by left the roadway, hitting Green. He and the driver that hit him were taken to TriStar Skyline Medical Center.
McDonald’s CEO Fired Over Consensual, Romantic Relationship With Employee
- The CEO of McDonald’s has been fired because of a consensual, romantic relationship with an employee.
- Steve Easterbrook violated a strict company policy that forbids managers from having relationships with subordinates.
- Easterbrook admits to the relationship and says, “Given the values of the company, I agree…it is time for me to move on.”