More than four months after the shooting death of 18-year-old Dontae Drew occurred, police have apprehended the man suspected of killing him. Drew was shot on December 6 on Dickerson Pike near Briley Parkway . On Monday, Demontez Johnson, 19, was arrested in Fayetteville. Drew and his friends were meeting the men to purchase marijuana using fake money. Johnson is now being held in the Metro Nashville Jail on a $1 million bond.
- The historic Notre Dame cathedral suffered significant damage in a massive fire yesterday.
- The 13th-century church’s entire spire and roof collapsed.
- The art and artifacts that were in the cathedral though? were saved
- The church was in the midst of a $6.8 million dollar renovation.
Yesterday began a new chapter for Metro Nashville Public Schools as Dr. Adrienne Battle took her position as the new Interim Director. Battle takes this role, replacing Dr. Shawn Joseph after board members voted to buy out his contract last week. Battle is also the first MNPS director to have been a student at Metro Nashville schools.
- On Monday, President Trump announced that he would be awarding Tiger Woods a Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- Trump just won his fifth Masters after a thrilling come-from-behind victory on Sunday.
- Woods and Trump recently played a round of golf together at the president’s club in Jupiter, Florida.
- Trump has presented the Medal of Freedom to numerous athletes, including Alan Page, Roger Staubach and the late Babe Ruth.
Osiris Norman, is in jail after a police chase and gruesome discovery in his vehicle.He fled police after a traffic stop and abandoned his burning car as he fled on foot. After police captured him, they discovered the body of his daughter, Xena Rah’Lah Norman, 1, in the back seat of the burning car. Norman appeared in court for a bond hearing, which was ultimately denied. He is being charged with homicide by child abuse.