Jeff Sessions Resigns as Attorney General at Trump’s Request
- Jeff Sessions has resigned as attorney general at the request of President Trump.
- Sessions’ chief of staff, Matthew Whitaker, will serve as interim AG until a permanent replacement is confirmed.
- Sessions and Trump had a rocky relationship ever since Sessions recused himself from the Russia investigation.
- In his resignation letter, Sessions took credit for reversing “two years of rising violent crime and homicide prior to this administration.”
ALL 19 WOMEN THAT RAN FOR HARRIS COUNTY JUDGE ….WON!!
WELL COME ON THEN, HOUSTON! back in September we introduced you to 19 qualified queens who were running for judge in Harris County, Texas. The midterm elections took place last night and we are happy to report that all 19 women made history together last night by winning various judicial seats, according to Cosmopolitan!
The women, who call themselves the #Houston19, were reportedly the largest number of African-American women ever to be on the ballot in Harris County, which includes most of Houston and is the third-largest county in the country.
Poll Shows Joe Biden Has Most Support Among Democratic Presidential Hopefuls
- A new poll shows that Joe Biden has the most support among potential Democratic presidential hopefuls.
- The former vice president has the support of 29 percent of voters, while Bernie Sanders polled at 22 percent.
- Senators Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker and Kamala Harris also garnered support.
- All five of these Democrats would beat President Trump in a hypothetical 2020 matchup.
12 PEOPLE DEAD IN SHOOTING IN CALIFORNIA
Twelve people, including a police officer, were killed after a gunman forced his way into the Borderline Bar & Grill and opened fire on Wednesday night, Sheriff Geoff Dean told reporters moments ago. The suspected gunman was also found dead at the scene. Up to 12 other people are injured.
Police arrest man for long-running parking scam